About Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (ISP)
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (ticker symbol: ISP) is a leading Italian banking group, with over 3,700 branches and 13.5 million customers. Intesa Sanpaolo SpA offers consumer credit, asset management, internet banking, merchant banking, securities brokerage, factoring, and lease financing services.
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. was founded January 1, 2007, in Turin Italy after the merger of two leading Italian banking groups, Banca Intesa and Sanpaolo IMI with the Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. headquarters located in Turin, Italy.
The Intesa Sanpaolo Group offers its services to over 13.5 million clients through a network of over 4,000 branches, that are well distributed throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States. A leading financial institution in Europe, Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. is Italy’s second largest banking group by asset capitalization. The Group’s is leading the banking industry with its operating income breakdown comprising of 10.6% from Private Banking, 4.5% from Asset Management, 6.1% from Insurance, 22.4% from Investment Banking and 45.6% from local and central branches.
As previously noted, Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. was created on January 1, 2007, through the merger of two leading Italian banking groups, Banca Intesa and Sanpaolo IMI. In fact, Intesa Sanpaolo is the result of the merging of over 300 institutions of various kinds, including savings banks, pawnshops, rural banks, and other credit companies. Some of Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.’s most notable mergers following its launch in 2007 include:
- In 2008, Intesa Sanpaolo acquired Banca CR Firenze for nearly 400 million.
- In 2014, Cassa di Risparmio di Venezia and Banca di Credito Sardo (previously part of the Intesa Sanpaolo banking group) were absorbed by Intesa Sanpaolo SpA..
- In 2015, local banks Banca Monte Parma, Banca di Trento e Bolzano, Cassa di Risparmio di Civitavecchia, Cassa di Risparmio di Rieti and Cassa di Risparmio della Provincia di Viterbo were all absorbed by Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.
- In February 2018, 10 further mergers were announced in Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.’s 2018–2021 business plan: Banco di Napoli. Banca CR Firenze, CR Pistoia e della Lucchesia, CR Veneto, Carisbo, Cariromagna, Banca Apulia, Banca IMI, Banca Prossima and Mediocredito Italiano
- In June 2017, as part of a government-funded bailout for depositors, Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. acquired the good assets and some of the subsidiaries of Banca Popolare di Vicenza (BPVi) and Veneto Banca.
- 2021 saw Intesa Sanpaolo’s largest acquisition to date, when the banking giant acquired Mooney Group for $1.6B
- In April 2022, Intesa Sanpaolo along with a number of other major providers of financial services, sold 60% of their stake in Bank of Italy for €4.4 billion.
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. Stock History
While Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. was officially launched in 2017, its formation came after a long history of mergers and acquisitions. Created by combining 320 institutions based in 189 different Italian localities of various financial services, Intesa Sanpaolo has roots that go as far back as Banco di Napoli’s establishment in 1539.
In short, Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. has merged its way into becoming Italy’s top commercial bank. With total assets topping €1 trillion and a network of more than 3,700 branches, the Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. Group consolidated its power following an intense period of territorial reorganization which began in early 2012, involving several notable mergers including those of Cassa di Risparmio di Terni e Narni, Cassa di Risparmio Città di Castello and Cassa di Risparmio di Foligno into Cassa di Risparmio di Spoleto.
Today, Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. is one of the most profitable banking institutions in Europe, providing consumer and corporate banking to over 12 million clients. As Italy’s leading banking provider, Intesa SanPaolo SpA.’s dividend yield is impressive to say the least. In 2022, Intesa SanPaolo SpA.’s dividend for Q1 came in at a jaw dropping 12.64%.
How to Trade Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. shares have rightfully gained a solid market reputation as a high-yielding, high-performing asset. Here are some factors that traders should consider when trading stocks of Intesa Sanpaolo SpA :
Global Economic Outlook
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. has survived a number of boom-and-bust cycles throughout its long history. However, the performance of the banking sector corresponds to that of the global economy. A global recession for example can weigh on banking institutions such as Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.
New Product/Services Rollouts
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. has invested heavily in innovation and digitalization over the years and is known for providing innovative financial solutions for retail, corporate, and institutional investors. Keeping an eye out for the group’s latest product launches and gauging market demand, can help traders better anticipate Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.’s future performance.
Periodical Earnings Reports
Intesa Sanpaolo SpA.’s quarterly earnings reports, which include key metrics such as net income, earnings per share, earnings from continuing operations, and net sales, can help traders determine the group’s financial health. Intesa Sanpaolo SpA fiscal year runs from November 1st to October 30th of the following year and releases its earnings reports quarterly.
AvaTrade Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. Stock Trading Information
- Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. Stock Symbol: #ISP
- Trading Times: Monday – Friday 08:00-16:29 GMT
- Country: Italy
- Currency: EUR
- Exchange: Borsa Italiana
Why trade Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. stock with AvaTrade
- International Regulation – AvaTrade offers a transparent, regulated, and secure trading environment to clients across the globe.
- Leveraged Trading – AvaTrade gives traders the opportunity to trade Buy or Sell Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. with leverage.
- Ability to Short Sell – AvaTrade supports both Buy and Sell positions with Intesa Sanpaolo SpA. CFDs, enabling traders to make the most of rising and falling price trends.
- Automated Trading Solutions –AvaTrade enables clients to fully automate their trading activity by using advanced orders, scripts and EAs.
- Competitive Conditions – AvaTrade features some the most competitive conditions in the markets.
- Advanced Analysis by Trading Central – AvaTrade’s free Trading Central tools offer traders leading analytical widgets as well as the option to set up and receive real-time alerts their desired assets.
See a trading opportunity? Open an account now!