What is EOS – Ethereum’s biggest competitor
EOS is one of the most powerful blockchain platforms for decentralised applications. It is similar to the Ethereum platform but faster, more scalable, and allows users to build decentralized applications more efficiently.
The EOS.IO platform is being developed by a private company, block.one, and will allow to process millions of transactions per second through horizontal scaling, making older ecosystems, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, feel like an old 1980s personal computer with extremely limited computing capabilities.
A total of 1 billion EOS tokens are being distributed on the Ethereum blockchain over a period of 341 days, using a smart contract.
EOS.IO officially becomes an open-source software on June 1st, 2018, opening up the floor to developers to exploit the EOS coin’s potential. Conversely, EOS tokens owners act as shareholders of traditional public companies, that way the owners are able to cast votes and participate in the governance of the blockchain, in proportion to the their stake.
It is for these reasons, that financial analysts worldwide claim that EOS is the future of distributed companies and blockchain.
AvaTrade is an industry-leading broker with some of the best crypto trading conditions available, including the lowest crypto spreads on the market.
Why Trade EOS with AvaTrade
- AvaTrade offers EOS CFD trades with up to leverage
- The cryptocurrency market is available to traders 24/7
- You can start trading EOS CFDs with as little as
- EOS volatility makes it an interesting addition to any trading portfolio
- You can sell EOS (go short) and potentially profit even when the market price drops
- AvaTrade offers zero commissions on EOSUSD trading and no bank fees on transactions
- There is no need to open a cryptocurrency wallet to profit from EOS price action when trading with AvaTrade
- No need to buy e-coins or risk e-wallet theft and hacking, simply because you don’t actually buy or sell EOS
- Enjoy an outstanding multi-lingual customer service
- AvaTrade is regulated on 5 continents
- Execute trades on Metatrader 4 or Metatrader 5 platforms in just 3 clicks, free from the complex crypto purchasing process
- Trade Forex, CFDs and cryptocurrencies from one account
- Autotrading solutions supported
The maximum accumulated position size for EOS is £/$/€ 50,000.
Why Trade Crypto CFDs With AvaTrade?
- Uncompromised Safety – With six regulatory authorities and segregated accounts, your money is protected at all times.
- Many Cryptos to Choose From – Trade on the wide variety of cryptos available on our trading platforms.
- No Hidden Fees – We offer zero commissions and no bank fees on transactions!
- Crypto Never Goes to Sleep – AvaTrade is one of the few brokers offer around-the-clock service and support in 14 languages.
- Generous Leverage – Increase your initial capital with generous leverage and get far more exposure to trade than your account balance. Up to 2:1 (for EU residents) 25:1 (for non-EU residents).
- Limit Your Risk – You can preset profit and loss levels by using stop losses or take profit limits when you trade. Determine the maximum amount you are prepared to risk when speculating on the price, or set a price at which you want to take profits. Future orders like Buy Stops and Buy Limits are also available.
- Trade Cryptos Against Fiat Currencies – Unlike many exchanges out there, who are restricting their clients to trade only Crypto to Crypto, our clients can trade Cryptos against Fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY etc.), as well.
How to Trade EOS CFDs in 4 Easy Steps
Trading EOD CFDs with AvaTrade is easy to do, and within only a few steps, you can start trading this exciting cryptocurrency.
- Open a trading account with AvaTrade
- Fund your account by making a deposit using one of our secure banking options
- Enter your preferred investment amount
- Start to trade – BUY (go long) or SELL (go short) EOS
If you want to get in on the EOS CFD trading action, open a trading account with AvaTrade now!
EOS in the markets
EOS was launched by Dan Larimer, founder and creator of Bitshares and Steem, two cryptocurrency platforms that still run today. EOS was first announced at a conference in 2017 with a peculiar ICO (Initial Coin Offering) launch; the distribution period of the token spans over a period of nearly a year according to the following schedule:
- 200,000,000 EOS Token (20% of the total) distributed over a 5-day period beginning June 26th,
2017 and ending on July 1st, 2017
- 700,000,000 EOS Tokens (70% of the total) split into 350 consecutive 23 hour periods
of 2,00,000 tokens beginning July 1st, 2017
- 100,000,000 EOS (10% of the total) reserved for block.one.
EOS initial price was $5 per token, but then quickly dropped, to reach a low of around $0.48. In November 2017, EOS started to rise, to reach an all-time high of around $13 in January 2018. The market capitalization of EOS has grown nearly ten-fold in the first 6 months.
Whilst EOS still remains largely conceptual, there are already potential advantages:
- It’s scalable horizontally and vertically (millions of transactions per second with asynchronous communication and parallel processing)
- It’s an open source ecosystem
- Transactions are 100% fee free (via an ownership model whereby users own and are entitled to use resources based on their stake instead of paying for transactions)
- Simplification of processes like bug fixing and changes to the blockchain
However, the future of EOS remains uncertain. No one can tell for sure if this e-coin will gain popularity as a transaction currency.
Traders and investors alike will continue to participate in the ICO and token distribution until the official launch of the open-source platform on June 1st, 2018, scrutinizing the breakthroughs that the development team will reach over these months.
The EOS timeline
The birth of a revolutionary ecosystem
- Beginning of 2017 – Launch of the new EOS blockchain
- June 26, 2017 – First 200,000,000 EOS token are allocated
- July 1, 2017 – Allocation of the remaining 700,000,000 EOS tokens over a period of 350 days.
- June 1, 2018 – Release of the EOS.IO open-source software to the community
Need Help Trading EOS?
If you want to trade EOS CFDs, AvaTrade offers you the opportunity to Sell (go short) or Buy (go long) on all EOS trades, regardless of which way the digital currency is moving.
Access to trade EOS CFDs is available 24/7, plus you can use your preferred trading strategy to sell or buy EOS. Since the cryptocurrencies market is so volatile, there are endless trading opportunities.
When trading with AvaTrade you are trading on the price changes of the digital coin, and not physically purchasing it.
The maximum accumulated position size for EOS is $50,000 notional value. For additional information on how to trade EOS we recommend visiting the AvaTrade Trading Conditions and Charges page.