AvaTrade Stock Index Trading
AvaTrade offers one of the largest ranges of stock indices of any online Aussie broker, covering markets around the globe. Join AvaTrade for online index trading with competitive spreads, generous leverage and reliably fast execution.
- Trade the leading US, European & Asia-Pacific stock indices
- Go long or short – trade your view on the market mate
- Get leverage of up to 200:1 on index trading – fair dinkum!
- MetaTrader 4 & AvaTrader platforms for desktop, tablet & mobile
- Enjoy the security of trading with a globally regulated broker
- Count on 24/5 multi-lingual client support
Start trading stock indices from around the world and get a new Aussie client bonus of up to AUD$10,000.
What are Indices
Stock index CFDs are financial instruments that represent the value of the underlying publicly-traded companies. One leading index is the S&P 500, which reflects the collective value of top companies listed on the NYSE. If the overall value of those companies’ shares rises, the price of the S&P 500 will go up.
There are also indices that represent smaller companies trading on the NYSE, as well as indices for various stock exchanges around the world, from Japan’s NIKKEI and Germany’s DAX, to Australia’s ASX.
AvaTrade’s selection of 19 stock index CFDs includes:
- S&P 500 – The value of the Standard & Poor 500 is based on the share prices of 500 leading US-based companies
- NASDAQ 100 - This index represents the value of 100 non-financial NASDAQ-traded companies
- FTSE 100 – The FTSE 100 is a collection of 100 of the largest publicly-traded UK companies
- DJ EURO STOXX 50 – Euro Stoxx 50 collects together 50 of the largest European companies’ share value
- NIFTY 50 – A representation of 50 major companies traded on the National Stock Exchange of India
Our Trading Conditions page details the full range of indices on offer, including spreads, market hours and lot sizes. Perfect info for Aussie traders.
Why Trade CFDs?
CFD index trading offers a number of benefits to the online Aussie trader. Trading CFDs (Contracts for Difference) allows you to buy or sell financial instruments without actually owning the underlying asset. These could be commodities, stock, or in the case of stock index CFDs, the value of the underlying indices.
An Aussie trader can place a buy order on, for example, the S&P 500. If the price of the index goes up, when he comes to sell he will earn the difference between the buy and sell price. If it goes down, the trader pays the difference.
Because the trader never owns the asset, the costs are far lower, there are no restrictions on selling short, and an investment can be leveraged by up to 400 times. That’s maximum benefit for your trades mate.
You can visit the Education section to learn more about CFD Trading It’s chockers with useful tips.
Make AvaTrade your CFD broker and get a welcome bonus of up to AUD $10,000!